A compelling new documentary series from The New York Times
The Weekly: Special Edition is a powerful new collection of standalone, premium documentaries, driven by the unparalleled journalism and insight of The New York Times.
The series explores investigations and character-driven stories, and features reporting from award-winning journalists at the iconic newspaper, bringing viewers around the world closer to the essential stories of our time. The Weekly: Special Edition is from the team behind the acclaimed, Emmy award-winning 30-minute factual series The Weekly.
- The Collection includes ‘Framing Britney Spears’, the definitive documentary about the rise and fall of the pop icon
- ‘Framing Britney Spears’ generated huge media coverage and social media buzz around the world
- In the UK it is Sky Documentaries’ most-watched show since the launch of the channel
- In Denmark it’s the most watched foreign program on TV 2 PLAY ever and the foreign production that has sold the most new subscriptions to the service
- Commissioned by FX and Hulu in the US
- Produced by The New York Times and award-winning producers Left/Right (This American Life, The Circus)
- Available as a series or stand-alone episodes
- Also available: The Weekly
Factual, People & Society // 8 x 60′
Produced by The New York Times & Left/Right for FX and Hulu (US)